From:
"D. Resch" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 17:08:15 -0400

Celiac List Members:

I had always been a faithful customer of Clinque and Estee Lauder Products
for over 20 years until just this year.  Although they still have many
products that I like, my experience with Clinque's Customer Service
Department has made me decide to never purchase any products made by this
company again.  BTW....Estee Lauder and Clinque are owned by the same company.

I purchase a cream blush, got a burn on my skin from using the product,
wrote to Clinque and was told to mail the product back to the company by a
person in customer service.  I was asked if I needed to seek medical
attention and I said no that I was using a hydrocortisone cream on the area
and expected it to be OK and that all I wanted was a reimbursement for the
product.  This was last October.  I have received nothing.  I have written
several times and gotten zero response.  I should have returned the product
via certified mail so that I had a receipt but these people have not even
had the courtesy to say they didn't receive it so I can't even begin to
understand why they wouid handle the situation in this manner.  I even
talked to the people at the store at the cosmetic counter where I purchased
the product - told my story, gave my name, address, phone number, etc - NO
RESPONSE.  Even if I was a nut, wouldn't it be easier for them to have sent
me the lousy $26 for the blush?  This seems like a really crummy way to do
business and I would not purchase another product from this company.

BTW...If the list member who posted the information about Estee Lauder has
an email address for them, please send them a copy of this post or send me
their address -  I had it but threw it away when I cleaned out my mail
recently because I didn't think I would ever waste me energy contacting
them again.  There are many other good products on the market in the area
of cosmetics that are much, much less expensive and handle customer service
issues in a more professional manner.

Just my two cents.

Debra Resch