From:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2011 17:35:46 -0500

Thank you to all who responded.  This is part 1 of summary.  Recipes will
come in part 2.

Start with GF Bisquick. Look at the biscuit recipe on the box - use that
amount of dry mix + shortening, drop to just 2 eggs and use buttermilk
instead of regular milk, using perhaps a 1/4 cup more milk - add milk slowly
and judge by stickiness of the dough.

Try the rolls from Against The Grain - I just discovered their pizza, then
the rolls then the baguettes last week and I am in heaven.  I have no tie to
these folks.  Just very, very impressed with the products.

I recently found a box of Maple Grove Farms Gluten free Pancake Mix. On it
is a recipe for biscuits too. I didn't make the biscuits but I was so
impressed with the pancakes. They were the best I've had in 30 years of
being gluten free.

Try Aarons favorite - from 123gluten free.

If you have any Pamels's Baking Mix, there's a recipe on the back of the
pkg.  It might not be to your liking, but you can try it beforehand.

I had the gf best biscuits I ever had at a gluten free café in Sayre PA with
a long name: The Endless Mountain Bakery and Café, Too, usually shortened to
Café, Too.   You wouldn’t have guessed that they were gluten free.  Jack
sells this mix and others and I bet you could mail order it from him,
especially if you told him the occasion and that Mary sent you.   He is
always experimenting and coming up with new and better items- last week he
showed us some beautiful baguettes.

Jack Wheeler [[log in to unmask]]
The Cafe Too
100 S. Elmer Ave
Sayre , PA 18840

This is the link to the Domata GF Flour website..
www.domatalivingflour.com.htm    once the page downloads, scroll down to the
video for Tennessee Cat Head Biscuits...they are pretty easy and really
good.

The very best gluten free biscuit recipe I've found is in Jules Shepard's
newest cookbook, Free For All Cooking.  I make them at least once a week and
my family loves them.  I don't know if the recipe is on her website or not,
but the cookbook has lots of great recipes and would be a good one to have.

The 1-2-3 Gluten Free Southern Glory Biscuits are delicious light and
fluffy.  www.123glutenfree.com  also lists the stores that carry the
products.

This is a recipe from the friend who told us about Celiac Disease  27 years
ago for our daughter who was a baby.  It was the first recipe I had and it
still holds up to be one of the best.  I have never made it with any other
flour mix than the one at the top of the page so I don't know how it would
work for other mixes.  I just made these a few hours ago, using butter and
regular milk but they work with the Earth Balance Stick and coconut milk.