From:
"Amanda L. Lester" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 1996 16:22:30 -0600

Hi listmembers,

I have a couple of queries that I hope someone can help me with.

First, last night I had a terrible post-dinner allergy attack with
itching Hives and athsma. I do not know what triggered it, I ate
Quinoa pasta, Five brothers spaghetti sauce, parmesan cheese,
Hersheys hugs with Almonds and a glass of blush wine. Anyway, the
allergy got progressively worse and my husband decided tot take me to
the ER. They decided to give me IV Benadryl and  solumedrol. Just a
few swconds after they gave me the Benadryl I had the worst medical
reaction of my life. I had uncontrollable panic, violent shakes,
lower limb paralysis, heartrate above 170,  "inability to breathe"
feeling and the inability to string more than two words together. The
doctor said he had never seen anything like it. It lasted for so long
they eventually gave me Ativan to knock me out. Incidentally while I
was having this attack the doctor informed me I had  mitral valve
prolapse (that really calmed me down!). My question is, has anyone
else experienced an adverse reaction to IV Benadryl? Oral Benadryl
has always been OK for me.

My second question is whether anyne has any good suggestions of
restaurants/places to buy GF food in the Berne area of Switzerland?
We will be going for 2 weeks and would love any suggestions. We will
also be spending a couple of days in Paris, so Parisian suggestions
would also be most welcome.

Many Thanks

Amanda