From:
R John Specht <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R John Specht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 23:18:53 -0400

I sent an inquiry to W Y Industries, the producers of those little
packets of soy sauce that you get with Chinese take-out. Its ingredient
list includes "vegetable protein," which could, of course, be
wheat-based, since most soy sauce contains wheat. My inquiry, and their
response, are below. W Y Industries also produces large buckets of soy
sauce, so if your Chinese restaurant uses these for cooking, presumably
they could be wheat-free as well.

INQUIRY: I am on a medically required gluten-free diet and note the
ingredient "vegetable protein" on your packets of WY Soy Sauce. Is this
derived from wheat, rye or barley (all of these are on my "forbidden"
list) or some other source?  Thank you.

RESPONSE: Hey John,

    Our ingredients are wheat free.

    Steve