From:
Donna Hemingson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 12:40:41 -0400

Hi All- did not think that this needed a summary, but there were a few
things that came up that I would like to address. First of all, I was just
giving a report  of what happened to me physically with the memory of some
discussion taking place on here about CD, sinus and teeth and this still
being an area where I'm trying to make some decisions, I was hoping for
some feedback in this area and I did get some.  Secondly, I did not even
bother to find out stuff about being gf in Italy because I have no problem
eating there and did not until the last day when I was confined to a hotel
waiting for the next flight and this incredible looking hamburger appeared
(I never eat hamburger as a rule) I weakened and against my better
judgement and assurances by the staff- I ate part of it  and ate enough to
convince myself that there was flour in it! (Stupid me) To the person who
thought I was being somewhat polemic- I apologise for that perception of
yours and was not intending that- my main surprise and the reason for
asking the question is that if all children are tested before school and
most people have children - how come nobody I had contact with except at
the pharmacy knew about gluten problems. I just wanted to make sure that
this fact that I spread was in fact true. People assured me that it is. For
any of those people who may of thought I was critical of Italy I wish to
assure that is not so- most large cities in the world are very polluted and
I live in a small town which has incredible  air pollution- I think the
food in Italy taste much better than anything over here and would love to
go to Italy just to eat even though I have to watch for gluten, it is
easier to do that there than most places--Thanks Donna