From:
Audri Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 07:53:23 EST

I am doing a search for decorating sprinkles for Nicole (my 8 year old with
Celiac).  Last year Mary Toppins and Dec A Cake were in the TCCSSG guide and
this year they are not.

A year ago I ordered the colored sugar crystals from King Arthur.  I talked to
a baker there yesterday and he said the sugar crystals are made on the same
production line as "wheat" based sprinkles so I threw the ones out that I had
left in the pantry.

I called El Peto, Kinnikinnick, Miss Robens, Gluten Free Pantry (they used to
sell them but don't anymore), Gluten Free Delights, The Gluten Free Cookie
Jar, and 2 other companies that don't exist anymore (Celia Cooks and Specialty
Food Shop).  Miss Robens was the only company that said they are trying to get
these.  They are checking on the status of Guitard chocolate jimmies.  I
talked with Jay at Miss  Robens).

I know I can use GF mini choc. chips or mini M&Ms but I would really like to
have colored sprinkles for Nicole.  If anyone knows of any sources that are GF
please let me know and I will summarize.  I know this seems like a minor
problem but it is important to Nicole and me.  Thanks so much.

Audri