From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 15:23:40 -0600

Here is a recipe that might useful to some of you this year.  Last year
at Thanksgiving I had no knowledge of celiac sprue, but this year I am
planning to revise the family recipes to satisfy my restrictions.  Here
is the southern style dressing I have been eating all my life, only the
bread will be GF.

GLUTEN FREE BARFIELD CORNBREAD DRESSING

1 large (9x13) pan cornbread
4-5 toasted pieces GF bread
2 cups chopped green onion
2 cups chopped celery
½ -1 Tsp salt (to taste) and pepper (opt.)
2 TAB (or more) GF poultry seasoning
4 eggs
1 cup chopped giblets from turkey broth you are making for gravy
4-6 cups turkey broth, or canned GF chicken broth

Crumble breads in large bowl.  Saute onion and celery and mix in.  Add 4
cups broth and let soak.  Begin to season and taste.  (My mother adds 1
teaspoon sugar.)  continue to add other ingredients until pretty mushy.
Beat eggs, stir in  and bake 30-45 minutes at 350 degrees, until set but
not too dry.

Serve alongside the turkey with GF gravy.  Just use cornstarch instead
of flour for the gravy.