From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:40:14 -0700

Hi All--

I was taking a multi-vitamin prior to being dx'd with celiac 5 years ago, but switched to one guaranteed to be GF with more zinc on the advice of my immunologist. I ran out of my vitamin three days ago and by yesterday, my muscles were cramping (due to low magnesium, I'm assuming).

I've never thought that people can get the proper amount of vitamins just by diet alone, but prior to being dx'd, I wasn't having muscle cramps like this (I eat fresh and/or organic veggies and fruits when I can and eat only minimal amounts of bread in the form of biscuits or pancakes and no desserts). Since celiac is a disease of malabsorption, how long after going GF can one expect to begin absorbing nutrients more normally? Recent tests on my cortisol levels indicated I also suffer from moderate to severe adrenal fatigue, so I'm on cortisol replacement for that. If I'm not absorbing nutrients, etc. as I should, I'm not sure the treatment to raise my cortisol levels is going to do any good, not to mention the fact that I may still be malnurished. What other issues might I need to address?

Any information/opinions others may have would be helpful. Thanks.

Cheers,
Ayn in Alabama

Discover Yahoo!