From:
Joseph Zagami <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Zagami <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 17:08:30 -0500

Hello,
I was diagnosed with CD about three years ago.(blood test and
endoscope). About the same time, I developed a rash that appeared to be
hives on my forehead and face. At first, it was not too painful, but as
it kept reappearing in more frequent intervals it became ever more
painful (intense burning itching and stinging). I have been to many
dermatologists, having a biopsy taken about two years ago to determine
the presence of DH. The result was negative. Doctors have told me it is
probably non-specific hives. But for myself, it seems to behave like DH:
small granular bumps under the skin that seem to be always present,
which during cycles erupt into larger obvious red bumps on the face and
neck; the presence of scaly skin on my forehead in a symmetrical pattern
and the intense stinging which is seemingly resistant to cortisone
creams, injections, other topical creams and strong
anti-histamines(atarax, zyrtec, claritin, allegra, ect.). The strict
diet is misery enough (being Italian and loving real food). My wife who
is a good cook and even better baker has been my one great consolation)
, but the constant skin problem has reduced my quality life
immeasurably. Any responses would be most appreciated.

Regards,
Joseph     [log in to unmask]
GOD BLESS AMERICA