From:
Mike Dobbles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Dobbles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 02:00:15 -0500

I was recently diagnosed with Celiacs Disease.  For the last two months
I've been on a Gluten Free diet.  I'm very conservative about what I eat.
I almost never go to restaurants.  The food I cook is very conservatively
Gluten Free (lots of rice, chicken, vegetables and fruit).  Although I've
improved dramatically since I've been on the GF diet, I still have
significant troubles.  Specifically, I still very regularly have to run to
the bathroom.  When I'm in my own comfortable environments such as home and
work, this isn't that bad.  What's particularlly disconcerting is when I
have to go on business trips where I'm not sure where all the bathrooms
are, where we're rushing from airports to meetings, etc...  I'm
particularlly nervous about an upcoming series of business trips to
Europe.  My solution to date is to wait for any early morning bowel
explosions then load up on Lomotil (more than the prescribed dosage) and
more or less shut everything down.

My question is whether other still have had similar problems 2 months into
a Gluten Free diet.  Or maybe I think I'm on a GF diet, but there is
something I'm missing.

Any advice or related experiences would be greatly appreciated.