From:
Susan Halter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Halter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 2009 12:33:36 -0400

i, everyone, thank you so much for the overwhelming response for my
request for gluten-free, casein-free probiotics!    I apologize for
the delay in posting this summary but it took a little while to
research all the suggestions I received.   Your help is tremendously
appreciated.

These are not listed in any order of particular preference and I've
included any additional information I uncovered.   I did not include
web addresses since these can be obtained by using  Goggle or another
search engine.   I also learned that, contrary to information given to
me by a doctor in the past, that lactobacillus casei and lactobacillus
paracasei do not have to originate from milk.  However, if listed and
the product is not listed as diary free, you should investigate before
assuming it is milk free.    The following are all at least gluten and
dairy free:

Kirkman Labs--soy free, listed as GF and casein free.   These
contains a lactobacillus casei that is not a substrate of any dairy
product and are grown on plant proteins.

Phillip's Colon Health--also soy free, contains potato starch; can
purchase at Wal-Mart.
Flora-Q--free of 8 common allergens
Klaire Labs--need MD authorization code to order.
Kyolic Brand-- used successfully by a lister who is extremely sensitive.
Pharmax HCL High Potency Capsules--soy and corn free also.
Metagenics LactoViden ID--corn free.
Custom Probiotics High Count Multi Strain Acidophilus and Bifidus 50
billion Microorganisms/Capsule Adult Formula--soy free
All Flora--grown on soy, tested regularly and comes in at under 3 ppm
gluten
Megafood Megaflora probiotic--grown on rice starch.
Natren Healthy Trinity--grown on soy, ingredients also contain
sunflower oil and bovine source for gelatin capsules, according to
company rep.
Freeda Vitamins
Culturelle is now reported to have soy and dairy free brand, can find
at Whole Foods.
Coconut milk kefir (I believe this would be Turtle Mountain brand),
can find at Whole Foods--contains sugar and inulin.

Thanks again for all the help!