From:
Dorothy Warnock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 18:56:21 -0500

Dear Listmates, I am desperate!

For the last 4 or 5 months I have been having a very itchy back and it
gets worse all the time.  It is getting on my nerves and effecting my
whole life, especially my diposition.  It is now so severe I am only
getting about 3 hrs. of sleep a night.

I have asked all my doctors and they don't know what it is.  My
Dermatologist says it is dry skin and I have tried his various suggested
creams to use to no avail. Although my husban scratches my back and
applies the cream faithfully it now feels like an elephant hide with tiny
bumps. Yesterday at the Derm. He gave me a few samples of Lac-Hydrn and
also a perscription and said I would have to take it for the lest of my
life as the glands were not putting out the necessary oils.  Does
thismake sense? and does anyone on the list know of any foods or oral
supplements I maybe could take to help this situation?

Also, I have had what I thought was a bite from an ant or some other
insect for many months as well.  It is on my leg and gets a scab and
itches and is red all around it. I have occasionally scratchet it and it
seems to have a tunnel like hole with blood at the bottom which begins to
bleed immediately.  He said that also was eczema and gave me Dipolene to
apply.

My regular MD thought it could be cancerous and I told the Dermo this and
he said it could be but he would check it in 3 months.  I'm a bit nervous
about this.

If anyone ever had anything like these two problems or has any
suggestions for me, I'd sure appreciate any help I can get.  It is
completely affecting my sanity with this severe itching.  I cannot lean
against a padded piece of furniture or lie in bed without it starting up
and I have to get up and put water or ice on it.  (Its getting too cold
for (that)!!

I went for 20 years being unable to get a diagnosis for CD.and finally
diagnosed myself and went to a DR. and demanded to be tested.  Had ALL
the classic symptons along with Hypothyroid (thyroid removed) pernicious
anemia, severe osteoporosis (diintigrating spine) so I'm not being fussy
over nothing but an itch, believe me, it is very uncomfortable and
unnerving.    Thanks for listening.       Dorothy

PS  Just had all my teeth become decayed at the gum line (no gum disease)
and had to have most all of them removed.  Was wondering if any
medications used dentally could be causing the itching problem?  The
Peridontist checked then against Gluten but perhaps something else would
be affecting me as I'm extremely allergic.

JUST ONE BIG ITCH