Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 1995 07:27:00 UTC

Speaking as someone who has recently discovered that she is a celiac, I
have to say that I think an official diagnosis is a very good thing and
desirable for many reasons, not the least of which is that you add another
notch to the statistics stating how many celiacs there are in this world.

However, if I go gluten free and feel good, but every time I ingest even
the tiniest bit of wheat, I react and quickly why, other than to please the
medical community, must I get an official diagnosis? There is no =harm= in
adopting a gf-diet (in fact my over all diet has improved since) and to my
knowledge there is no other disease that mimics these symptoms =and= has
the symptoms relieved by removing gluten from the diet.

Linda Blanchard
Midland TX USA