From:
Betty Wyckoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betty Wyckoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:32:53 -0500

I did it now!

I have a horrible case of, I think, poison ivy or oak.  Initially, I
thought I had chiggers --and yes I pulled weeds and cut small trees out
of my flower bed.  A week ago I had a small skin irritation that when I
put aloe vera on it, it took care of the pain.  A couple of days later,
I went out to pick blueberries and when I came home, I had patches here
and there on my legs as well as my arms and on my neck even though
everything was neatly trimmed in the berry patch (no poison ivy).  I
thought it was the prickly heat --not having had that or poison ivy
before.  Friday, my daughter informed my that yes, she thought that was
poison oak even though now she lives 2000 miles away and saw it last
fall!  I started in on all the soaps etc. etc., 1% hydrocortisone etc.
Nothing helped.  Of course!  One is supposed to do all of that before
72 hours passes.

I really don't want to go to the Dr. since he will order a stiff dose
of hydrocortisone or steroids which are bad for my bones. I have a
severe case of osteoporosis.   I try not to scratch, but now and then
the urge is great.  When I do scratch, I break out elsewhere.  It is
not going to go  away on its own.  My question is this,  is there any
chance I could be allergic to something else?  I didn't think I was
allergic to anything.  Is there a chance, given the celiac, that this
could be some other allergy, so that I don't have to take the terrible
drugs?

Please respond.
Thanks you all,
Betty