From:
Anne Washburn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Washburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2013 11:55:06 -0500

I wrote to the pharmacist who maintains the glutenfreedrugs.com web
site since it was from his page the information came about Synthroid
not being guaranteed to be gluten free. My 21 yr-old daughter had a
right thyroid lobectomy in December and started taking Synthroid in
January. She is highly gluten intolerant and we certainly didn't want
to add gluten issues to getting her hormones regulated! I asked the
pharmacist about Synthroid and why he had that comment on his page
about it. He replied quickly:

"It was strictly due to the companies response. My recommendation is
to continue the Synthroid and not worry about their response.
Hundreds of celiacs successfully take Synthroid and it is the best
thyroid product on the market."

and gave me permission to post his reply to the list:

"Absolutely.  My advice has always had been for patients never to
change from Synthroid unless there are significant personal or cost
issues. They set the bar for quality and consistency.  Steve"

Best regards,
Anne Burton Washburn