From:
Bilodeau / Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 09:47:50 -0500

Hi,

I was born with a congenital malformation (I am translating from french, I
hope it is the right medical term) of the left ear and I am completely deaf
of the left ear, because the I had no external ear and not even an opening
for the canal in my skull.

This doesn't bother me much because I am born with it and nobody notice it
because I had plastic surgery to make an artificial ear that imitate quite
well the mother nature ones.

Since no doctor could tell me what caused that, (my mother took no
medication, was in her early twenties when I was born and was and still is
extremely healthy, never smoked, no alcool) I wonder if people with CD are
more susceptible to have this kind of malformation.

Also, I am now gluten-free since 11 months and I saw change in my temper.  I
feel that I am more assertive than ever before.  I fight for my own right
and I don't avoid conflict like I used to do.  The result:  I feel better
and I get the respect that I deserve.  I wonder if being always a little
weak and tired makes you more give in to avoid losing your energy. It is
only a theory.  Just curious to hear about others experiences.

I will summarized on both subject if I get enough responses.

Thanks.

Johanne Johnson
Montreal QC Canada