From:
Karen Burkhart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 15:46:21 -0800

I finally got my order from Glutino on Mar 4th. They sent it out on Feb
16th, the day I placed the order. It got to Plattsburgh, NY the next
day. It was one of 69 orders sent together and they weren't released by
the FDA until Feb 25th , nine days later. Then it didn't move until the
evening of the 26th . It then sat in the UPS terminal in ILL/IN until
March 1st . I don't blame Glutino for the delays but thought everyone
should be aware of the possibility of delay. I had these visions of lots
of moldy bread but somehow it didn't suffer and came through with no
mold, just a little hard. The tracking record takes up a whole page. I
just wish Glutino would register and maybe it wouldn't be in transit so
long. Their bread is the BEST! Their latest AD on the listeserv said
that some places in the US carry their products so I will have to find
out who they are.

The responses I had to my post are as follows:

A couple people have been ordering from Kinnikinnick and receiving their
orders without any problems. (Kinnikinnick may have registered with FDA
- I don't know)

"I ran into this, too, when I ordered from Glutino twice. What I do is
find an online store that is in the USA, and order from them.  Then it's
THEIR problem."

"Hi. I have gotten food this year 2004 from Glutino and it was to my
house in a couple of days, no problem. I have never had a problem
ordering from them. I live in NJ. I have also ordered for my daughter in
the past who lives in KS, It was no problem. (Maybe that was before Dec
12th )

"The only thing I can think of doing is to get everyone to write or
e-mail Glutino to hire an FDA agent for them at the border.  My bread
did get here okay with the exception of my mushroom soup missing and a
bag of elbow macaroni split open and so far one loaf of bread broken
down the center. I called them and they are sending me replacements.
Someone at the border must have really tossed my stuff around."

I had already requested that Glutino register with the FDA when I was
waiting so long for my order. I hope they do this so that we can
continue to buy from them. Maybe some of the other listserv members out
there will do the same.

Karen