Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:23:43 +1100

Thank you I have been overwhelmed with replies so here are a few may help someone else to get relief...............Marcia (Australia)

Can be dehydration also potassium can be low
***********
May I suggest try supplementing with magnesium
***********
I get leg cramps and foot cramps - due to inadequate calcium - I need to take a lot extra-  and even more if I know I've been contaminated as I will wake in excruciating pain with leg cramps . Other possible reasons for leg cramps are low in potassium probably also due to poor absorption or excessive loss from diarrhoea.
I had cramps all over my body they went away when I was GF and dairy free.
The blood test are not accurate. If you want accurate tests please click on the following site and read it or order the "gluten sensitivity test" for 99$ and you will find out    http://www.enterolab.com
I recently asked about muscle tissue and celiac and many respondents said that fibromyalgia ( which I believe is muscle cramps in many different locations in the body) often resolved with a GF diet( and also eliminating other foods that you are sensitive to) Also if you intestines are damaged from celiac,you have problems absorbing nutrients and possibly cramping could result
Your body need adequate calcium to help muscle health-are you getting enough
when I have muscle cramps it's always am deficient in one or two things - potassium & sodium. A quick fix is a little salted orange juice or a potassium tablet and salted water. I have finally learned to be proactive & prevent the cramps by adding extra salt on food and taking potassium supplement every night at bedtime.