From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:07:47 -0700

Well......here's more on the JELL-O instant pudding controversy.  Thanks
for all the information, support, wisdom & humor!  I truly appreciate all
who took the time to help clarify this issue.  We all need to lighten up
sometimes!  ~Valerie in Tacoma, WA

-------------------

...Jell-O has been owned by Kraft for many years, Kraft publishes a GF
list, and Jell-O instant pudding mix is on that GF list... Unless Kraft
changes their written list, there is no reason to assume otherwise.

--Dave in Minneapolis

------------------

I hate it when companies cop out like that! Kraft is guilty of such a
thing also!  Maybe we need to write a letter to Bill Cosby! (LOL)

------------------

I eat jello all the time ...pudding is the best. Yes, we all make our
diet choices -some like to try and other get totally parnoid. I didn't
feel good after eating a salad yesterday -I wonder if the lettuce had
gluten in it?? LOL -or it could be things just didn't set right -solution

-drink some mylanta and move on. My reflux was bothering me yesterday

-yuk!! So it could have been a combination of things. As you can see I am
trying really hard to work up a parnoid problem- LOL!!!  Sharon

----------------

I have a confirmed GF listing of Kraft products which states that Jello
instant pudding is GF. So I'm not sure where the denial came from. Now,
the Sugar Free puddings are NOT on their GF list. So I would probably
steer clear of those. The Fat Free pudings ARE and the Regular puddings
ARE... I hope this helps. Andrea [Yes, it does help!]

---------------

...it used to be that if you called Kraft, they would not give info over
the phone, they would just send you their official written GF list. *If*
they have changed that policy, it may be that [someone] called them and
an uninformed employee gave them wrong information. But it's still on
their official GF list.  Dave

...about Jell-o pudding ... they can make their own pudding mix (I mean,
it's just a mix of cornstarch, sugar, milk solids, vanilla, maybe some
guar or xanthan gum... it is a convenience product, but aside from that,
there is nothing so special or magical about Jell-o pudding that they
could not approximate a substitute on their own if they REALLY feel they
don't / can't "trust" it.)