Date:
Sat, 19 Sep 1998 13:21:15 -0400

A reminder to rinse rice well before cooking.

I worked in the Orient and when I came back I took lots of cooking
classes.  It was always stressed to rinse the rice very carefully before
cooking. Make sure the water runs clear--tack is often used to coat the
rice to prevent it from sticking together in transit.

By the way, they often suggested that after rinsing, soak the rice in
clear water for a half-hour before a final rinse and then cookin it.

Ann