From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2006 22:27:08 -0400

This post is to answer the questions I'm getting (and some attacks, as well....please stop), regarding the charcoal posting, paper towel posting, and an aluminum foil posting as an alternative to charcoal contamination.  Here goes.

1. The source for the paper towel warning was from Clan Thompson, a dependable, well-researched source. The Thompsons contact companies directly and indicate the date of contact. However, it's NOT free. There is a fee. In my opinion, it is worth it. Google it and you'll find out how to subscribe and what it offers. I'm not advertising, just letting you know where I saw the warning about some paper towels having glue...and again, I have no idea where the glue is incorporated. Your best bet is to contact your preferred company. Maybe if enough of us contact paper towel companies with inquiries, they'll stop using gluten-based glue. Just a thought.

2.  For those who are upset that a suggestion was made to wrap your food in foil before putting it on a charcoal fire: I truly don't believe you'll get aluminum poisoning from cooking with aluminum once in awhile, but I'm not a doctor. Years ago warnings came out about using aluminum pots...some connection with Parkinson's or Alzheimer's, I forget. I recently read that those findings were unfounded. You should be able to find the research on the internet. I have no clue where I saw it. It was in a newspaper. I didn't validate the study.

Thanks. Lin