From:
Anne Rickaby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 13:02:18 -0500

Hello everyone.

Just wanted to get any ideas for solutions to a problem.

I'm hoping to go to a week-long music event at a camp/retreat this summer.
I'm really psyched about it. The problem? Food (of course).

Before registering, I explained my dietary restrictions. The kitchen staff
said that they couldn't allow me to cook, but if I gave them a list of
foods I can eat, they'd try to provide me with meals. Very kind of them -
but I think rather naive. Plus I'd really HATE to get there only to find
out they goofed (which, as we all know, is easy to do, especially if you're
inexperienced.)

So I've offered that if they have freezer space, I'd be willing to  make a
bunch of pre-prepared frozen dinners (rice pasta, etc.) for myself and
bring them. I'd just need to heat them in a microwave (willing to bring
that too) or a pot of boiling water.

So, what do you all think? Am I being way too paranoid? Do you have any
other suggestions?

Thanks.

Anne in Cambridge