From:
Robert Symes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 23:40:53 -0500

I'm new to this board, and I have already struck paydirt it seems!  Your
story of painfull episodes after eating, especially the timeline of the
waves, etc. is the story of my life the past few years also.  Before
being diagnosed Celiac in Mar. of 2000, I had been stricken by terribly
painful episodes after eating meals that contained Ham, pork ribs, large
steaks, and so on.  Classic Gall Bladder attacks, right?  Not according
to my tests.  Several GI series, MRI's, ultra-sounds found nothing
obviously wrong with my GB.  Here is the mystery though, I have been GF
for nearly a year now, at least I try very hard to be very careful.  I
have still had some awful occurances of cramping in waves after eating
steak or restaurant foo d, always careful to avoid any suspicious foods.

I try to order just plain baked meat/chicken and potato or rice, etc. Always
briefing the server about my gluten intolerance.

The pain starts just as you described, a couple of hours after eating, dull
cramping, especially in upper abdomen.  Then waves of pain every few
minutes more high than low.  I take Tagemet and Tylenol 3's to survive.
But before they can kick in, I'm on the floor like an infant with colic.
I'm a 54 year old retired military man and don't mind telling you I groan
out loud.  Once to the ER with a shot of Demeral was the worst.

Sound familiar anyone?

Bob