Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 15:53:10 -0400

We are in the process of having my daughter tested for Celiac.  She has had
2 endoscopies @ ages 6 & 10 at Children's Hospital in DC  (I am very
displeased with Children's).  They told me the tests were negative for
Celiac.  She also had a blood test in Feb.  I was told that also was
negative (I have been trying since February to get all 10 years of my
daughter's records from Children's Hospital.  There is an organization in
Baltimore that helps people get their medical records.  If anyone has that
information, can you please forward it to me. - Thanks!)

In May, I took my daughter to Dr. Fasano (as suggested by many people on the
Celiac list serve).  I had them read the slides from my daughter's endoscopy
from Children's.  Here's their findings:

". . .the duodenal biopsy shows PVA (partial villous atrophy) grade I.
These findings could be compatible with celiac disease only if the clinical
history and serology are suggestive."

I was told that her blood test was normal - IgA = 6.01, IgG = 43.56
my blood was IgA = 3.03, IgG = 4.41
my son's was IgA = 8.02, IgG = 7.88

I don't know what the IgA and IgG level would be if my daughter was Celiac,
but looking at my son's and my blood results her IgG looks high.  Can anyone
tell me what level the IgA and IgG would be if she does have Celiac?

We are suppose to have another endoscopy done on my daughter in about 6
weeks to make a final conclusion.  The problem with that is the more I read
the more I realize that there is not a lot of wheat in her diet.  She
doesn't like pizza and pasta.  She usually skips breakfast.  The worst thing
she probably eats is Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches on bread.  Any
suggests of how to get a lot of wheat into her for the endoscopy?

Thanks for all your help!

Linda