From:
Caroline Booy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:05:44 -0500

Here is my favourite BlueBerry Tart Recipe.  I converted it to gluten free
and it works great!

Delicious Blueberry Tarts

Pastry: 1/2 cup margarine, 1 egg, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 cup rice flour,
1 tsp. guar gum, 1/4 tsp. baking powder, 2 tbsp. cornstarch.
Filling: 2 1/2 cups blueberries, 2/3 cup sugar, 2 tbsp. rice flour.
Method:  Cream margarine, sugar and egg together.  Sift dry ingredients into
margarine mixture.  Mix well.  Shape into approximately 12 to 18 balls of
dough about 1 tablespoon each.  Using your Birds Hill pastry press press
into individual foil tins, or press by hand.  If your pastry is a little too
sticky, add up to 1/4 cup more rice flour.

Filling:  Mix rice flour and sugar with blueberries.  Fill tart shells.
Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes.  Makes 12 to 18 tarts.  Good fresh or left
uncovered on counter for next day.  (Frozen tarts should be rebaked for a
few minutes on 375 to crisp the crust).  The Birds Hill Enterprises pastry
press presses out gluten free pastry to perfection.  To view it check out
their web site at birdshillenterprises.com  Enjoy you tarts, and try out
other fruits with the same pastry.  Please make sure all your ingredients
are gluten free!