Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 09:36:24 EDT

A couple of weeks ago, I questioned whether there was a link between
thyroid disease (in my case hypothyroidism) and CD since my 4 yr old
son has CD and I was diagnosed during my pregnacy with him to have
hypothyroidism.

Several, or maybe I should say many, since I received over 15 responses
that indicted that there is a link and that I should definately
be tested for CD since I am a first degree relative of one who has CD
and one who has another "autoimmune disorder".

Ron Hoggan also provided me with a list of several articles that
document the association between the two.  If anyone is interested,
please let me know and I will forward his note to you.

As a side note, when I went to my endocrinologist for a followup on my
thyroid I asked about being tested for CD and he wrote up the lab slip
without any hesitation.  (For those who are curious, I have not gotten
back the results yet.)

Michele Kratzmeier     (301) 640-3079         861/4B40