From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 22:33:26 -0400

I came across a rice cake today in Kosher Palace on Ave. U and East 29th Street in Brooklyn, NY. (Might be carried by other kosher groceries.) I also found it can be ordered from www.koshervitamins.com.  (I have no connection with either the product or the website.)

The product is Chocolate Coated Rice Cakes by Landau Natural Foods. The package says:
sugar-free
no eggs
no milk
no cholesterol
no sodium
and gluten-free.

Ingredients: Brown rice, maltitol, partially hydrogenated palm kernel oil, cocoa, soy lecithin.

The only address on the package is Lantev Dist. Corp. in Brooklyn, NY 11211. I didn't have time to peruse the shelves for other gf products.

The rice cake is not crunchy...actually tastes like a marshmallow with light chocolate coating. Might even be acceptable by a child.

(Don't panic...as I first did, when I saw Maltitol. It's not malt (barley). I went to the web and found this description on glutenfreemall.com. "MALTITOL: Sweetener, a natural derivative of corn, is a non to slowly digestible carbohydrate....")

*******
*******