Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 00:57:50 -0500

It may not be - certified - gluten free by the manufacturer but it has no gluten ingredients. As a Pharmacist, I've called about this same exact drug this week. I was told by the Lupin professional provider line that it contains NO gluten ingredients. It's a very common practice for MFG's to to tell patients a drug is not "certified gluten free". It means they haven't had it certified. As are most generics except for "GF only" manufacturers.

Here is a way some people can find out that is useful: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?ndc=68180029606&start=1&labeltype=all
This is the listing of ingredients direct from the FDA.

Many drugs are not certified but have no gluten.  Here is the home page, it contains every drug sold in the USA, you look it up by drug name or NDC number. Scroll down to the grey and white listing of excipients at the bottom of the page. Lists of gluten free excipients can be found on web.

Here is your duloxetine capsule, delayed release by Lupin:
AMMONIA
CROSCARMELLOSE SODIUM
FD&C BLUE NO. 2
FERRIC OXIDE YELLOW
FERROSOFERRIC OXIDE
GELATIN
HYPROMELLOSE PHTHALATE (31% PHTHALATE, 40 CST)
HYPROMELLOSES
LACTOSE MONOHYDRATE
MAGNESIUM STEARATE
POLYSORBATE 80