From:
Amanda Hayward-Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 11:10:49 -0400

Hi,

Someone from the list just alerted me to the fact that the dried garlic and
onion purchased by Penzeys for grinding may be dried on conveyor belts
dusted with flour. I have called the company this morning (spoke with Jenny)
and am waiting for them to get back to me about it. In the meantime, I
wanted everyone to know that potentially the blends, most of which contain
garlic, may not be GF. The ironic thing is that I actually bought some of
the pure dried garlic from them, used it in chilli for the first time last
night and am sick as a dog this morning. There is of course a strong
possibility that it is something else causing the problem ( I am very
sensitive and frequently sick) but in the meantime, beware!

I will keep you posted!

Amanda
Amanda Hayward-Lester Ph.D
Mooseker Lab, Dept of Biology