From:
Karen McBride <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:36:24 -0600

The following is a summary of the responses I received to my request about
the status of Dairy Queen items in Canada.  You will need to take the usual
care as I did not find out anything that seemed "for sure" except for the
soft serve ice cream and the all beef patties.
1. The soft serve formula is gluten free and the same formula world wide.
This includes vanilla, chocolate, and van/choc twist and the yogurt.
2. The toppings may or may not be safe, depending on the supplier and
flavor.  It seems most fruit toppings are safe.  "Safe" toppings made by
Henry and Henry Inc (716-685-4000) include hot fudge, sundae best chocolate,
strawberry, marshmallow  and pineapple.
3. Blizzards are OK, including Vanilla and Chocolate skor bar, reeses peanut
butter cup and the fruit ones.  Tell the attendant you are violently
allergic to wheat and ask that they rinse the spindle before making it to
get rid or any Oreo cookie  or whatever from previous orders.
4. Here is a number for inquiries in Canada 612 830  0407.  They can tell
you what's what in Canada and where the Canadian franchise owners get their
supplies.
5. FYI, one person responded that they get gluten like reactions to the soft
serve.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my request.