From:
Sheryl Tingley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 09:53:15 PST

Wendy sent me this recipe. Thanks Wendy

Stuffing
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 small carrot, grated fine
4 T. butter
2 c. chicken bouillon
1/4 t. pepper
10 slices of (3 day old) GF bread, cubed

In large pot, saute onion, celery and carrot in butter.  When tender,
add bouillon and pepper.  Remove from heat and stir in bread cubes.
(Add other additions such as raisans & nuts).  Bake in a covered,
buttered casserole-dish at 350 deg.  30 min.  Note:  To make cornbread
stuffing, substitute half the bread with cornbread.  I have a cornbread
recipe in my newly-published RecipeBox book ...  mentioned below.

...Very Shortbread
1/2 c. cornstarch
1/2 c. confectioners sugar
1 c. GF flour mix
2 t. xanthan gum
3/4 c. butter

Sift (optional) dry ingredients.  Rub butter in by hand.  Form the
batter into a square block only 1" wide, wrap in waxpaper.  Refrigerate
for 1 hour.  Cut 3/4-1" slices and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Press lightly with fork to create pattern on top.  Bake at 300 deg.
17-20 min.  Makes 3 dozen.  Note:  you mentioned about using for a pie
crust.  I'm sure it work out great.  Also, I mentioned other easy pie
crust recipes in my RecipeBox.

...Graham Cracker Crust
A recommendation is to use Health Valley's Rice Bran Crackers (actually
are quite similar to a strong-tasting graham cracker).  I've used them
for crusts & they work great!

        "Friendship is a sheltering tree"  ;)