Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 01:01:29 -0400

I *just* received our Medic Alert bracelet yesterday for my daughter.  She
is not celiac, but she is gluten free to help her behavior because she is
autistic.  On the bracelet itself it says "Autism - Gluten & Casein
intolerance."  Of course, with Celiac it would be more than intolerance
obviously.  It never occurred to me that a medical professional would have
to have any more information, after all, there's only so much that can be
engraved on the bracelet itself.  I would hope that if a professional
doesn't know what gluten means, they would at least look it up.  For that
matter, just plain "Celiac" should suffice on the bracelet.  If a medical
professional doesn't know what Celiac means, then perhaps they shouldn't be
in the medical profession.

April