From:
Karri Ann Allrich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:52:34 -0500

I recently found out that food companies will often
dust their frozen vegetables with flour. (In the
northeast, Shaw's own brand is one.) I wrote to Bird's
Eye today, and they have already sent me this response:

Dear Ms. Allrich:

Thank you for inquiring about gluten-free products from
Birds Eye.

While some companies do dust their packaging with wheat flour to help aid in
the packaging process, Birds Eye does not dust their packaging.  Although we
do not have a gluten-free listing, I can assure you that all of our plain
vegetables and Comstock/Wilderness pie fillings are gluten free.  However,
products that contain sauces or pasta may contain gluten.

We value you as a consumer and appreciate your time and concern.

Sincerely,

Agrilink Foods
Consumer Relations

SLAINTE  MHATH !