From:
"D. Resch" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 14:40:09 -0400

Listmates,

I received a variety of feedback from my recent request for information
about hormones - few positive, many negative.  It seems that many women are
not happy with the side effects of this therapy - me included.  I have been
seeking the right mix for the over a year and seem to have the same
uncomfortable symptoms with whatever I take.  My main fear in stopping the
estrogen is the fact that I have had a bone density which revealed the
beginning stages of Osteoporosis in my spine.  My doctor feels that the
estrogen will stop this process and that my case is not severe enough to be
on a specific drug for Osteoporosis.  At this point, I am weary of dealing
with my gynecologist and his office staff.  I will change doctors within
the next few months but in the mean time I found an interesting site on the
Internet and am hoping to get some feedback from the more medically
knowledgeable people on the list.

I would appreciate any feedback - both positive and/or negative.  This site
offers an alternative  to tradition hormone therapy.  They claim that they
create a customized natural hormone replacement therapy for each individual
patient.  It is NOT free.  In fact, it is pretty darn expensive but at this
point - I may be whacky -  I'm at least willing to give it some
consideration because it actually sounds more reasonable then what I have
been dealing with up and going through physically up to this point with my
supposedly traditional, qualified OB/GYN.

I live in Southern New Jersey - Ocean County and work in Mercer County,
Near Princeton.  If anyone has a suggestion for an OB/GYN  who accepts
AETNA US Healthcare in either of these areas, please let me know.  At this
point, I think I would prefer a female doctor and/or someone who only
practices gynecology but I am open to ANY suggestions.  I would even travel
to the Cherry Hill area.

The site is as follows:
   http://www.medicalcenter.net/natural-hormone-replacement-therapy.htm

I look forward to getting feedback on this issue and will post the results.

Debra Resch
West Creek, NJ