From:
Melanie Gold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 13:15:33 EST

Dear Celiac listees,

The editors of a new magazine--called LowCarb Energy--have asked me to write
an article about the link between carbohydrate intake and the onset of
migraine headaches and/or allergies. In my research so far, I've been reading about
blood sugar levels and their link to migraines. I also have personal anecdotes
from people who say their migraines or allergies diminished when their diet
was lower in carbs.

The scope of the article is mainly for people who have not been diagnosed
with Celiac disease. But...I believe you all will have a lot more knowledge about
the affect of carbohydrates (and gluten specifically) on health than the
results of a Google search.

That said:

(1) Do you have any personal experience with migraines and/or allergies, and
how diet affects the onset of these health issues?

(2) Do you have research tips on the link between carb ingestion and health
difficulties, particularly for folks who are not diagnosed with Celiac disease?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Melanie Gold
Freelance writer