From:
Anna Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 23:11:55 EDT

I'm having gall bladder surgery.  Have become sensitive to wheat and corn
starch and sometimes to dairy.  And I've had scary reactions to epenephrine
during dental work.

What should I watch out for.  I have told the surgeon that I have reactions
to epenephrine -- he said I should be cautious about saying I'm allergic to
it.  He gave me the usual routine about it's the same thing we produce when
scared or shocked (adrenaline).  I told him if he had ever had the reaction I
had that he would never repeat that to his patients again.

Anyway -- does the dextrose in the drip solutions come from corn syrup.  He
assured me they would never put something in them that people could have
adverse reactions to and that the dextrose is chemical.  I must more more --
I can't just take his word for it.

How do I find out and has anyone had similar questions answered before
surgery.

Thanks

Anna