From:
Amanda Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amanda Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 15:26:43 -0600

Hi there -

Thank you so much for all of your emails. They've been so interesting
to read...here's a brief summary of some of the things I found out. I
really like using a tea pot, loose tea and a kettle to make regular
black tea or green Hojicha that I buy through Republic of Tea.
Throughout my week, I'll occasionally drink Hills Bros. or Eight
O'Clock 50/50.

-One of my favorite responses...This person must love the fuel as much
as myself!...:

Now you are speaking my language, Coffee.  I am military retired and basically
all of my life I have worked for the military.  When one pot runs out
you make another.
My wife is more particular, Starbucks or another fancy one she makes at home.
I make 1/2 pot as soon as I get up, that is 7 cups, or it fills two of
my mugs.  We
cruise about once a year and I get up to the top deck at 0700 and
drink that nice Columbian
coffee till my wife manages to get up and join me.  We prefer time at
sea to anything else.
The last two were 10 day cruises on Celebrity and we are going again Dec 8 out
of Ft Lauderdale, FL.  Mickey D's ain't bad and we get the senior
discount now so
that is about .48 in the South.  I will drink tea or decaf if it is an
emergency and that's
all they have. (military commissary)

-Yuban, Starbucks and Eight O'Clock Bean are the popular names that
coffee drinkers mentioned.

- One individual talked about getting headaches when they drank
instant - and wondered if anyone else had this same issue?

-Tea drinkers seem to enjoy the Republic of Tea certified gluten-free
teas, and others mentioned Celestial Seasonings and Stash.

-Coffee drinkers generally drink around 1-3 cups a day.

-One coffee drinker mentioned an issue with Gevalia. I wanted to chime
in here because my parents sent me a bunch of Gevalia regular coffee.
I called Gevalia, myself, to find out about gluten. One individual
said "I think those should be all right."  Then I asked for a manager
(like the other emailer) and the person said that ALL of their coffees
may have gluten in them. I'm not sure why this would be, but I never
use Gevalia.

I'll email more responses if I get them!

-A