Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:41:05 +1030

Hi, for those Australians who enjoy ham and sausages I can supply the following reply to my email to Hans Products.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding our range of  products.

All HANS products are Gluten-free except for Pluto Pups, Traditional Thin BBQ Sausages, Little Chef and Ambassador Gold brands.  These products have ingredients in them that prevent them from being listed "gluten free".

Hans complies with the Food Standards Code and Code of Practice for the production of gluten free foods, which is a code published jointly by the AFGC (Australian Food & Grocery Council) and FSANZ (Food Standards Australia New Zealand). All dextrose, maltodextrin, starches and monosodium glutamate used in our products are manufactured using non-cereal raw materials. The vegetable starch is potato starch. Some of our other products that are gluten free may also have the words "modified starch" on the ingredient listing. This modified starch is manufactured from corn or maize. Our dextrose is not supplied to us by one specific supplier, but is included as an ingredient in our recipe premixes. The dextrose may be sourced from fruit, tapioca or corn.

As we manufacture some products on site that contain gluten we apply the principles of good manufacturing practice to minimise any risk of contamination with gluten containing ingredients.

Hans does maintain a relationship with the Coeliac Society of Australia and should you require any further assistance you may wish to contact this association.

You may wish to visit our website on www.hans.com.au where you will find further nutritional information on our range of products, that you may find useful.

Please do not hesitate to call us on our freecall number 1800 060 909 if you are unsure of the status on any of the ingredients in the recipes of our product range.

Kind Regards,

Diana Irvine

Quality Assurance Officer