From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2012 18:03:43 -0400

Fresh Cherry Salsa

2 cups, stemmed, pitted, fresh cherries (which happen to be on sale now, in my neck of the woods)
1 / 3 cup fresh, chopped basil
1 / 3 cup chopped green pepper
2 tsps fresh lemon juice
1 /  2 tsp grated lemon peel
1 / 4 tsp salt
dash bottled hot pepper sauce (I used a light sprinkle of dried hot pepper flakes. It's all I had.)

Chop cherries manually or in food processor.  Combine all ingredients.  Mix well.  Refrigerate at least one hour before serving over grilled fish or chicken.

This recipe was created by Rikva Tal, and appeared in the Cooks and Cuisine column in the Jewish Exponent, a Jewish newspaper in the Philadelphia area.

I made it last night and stored the leftover chicken in it overnight.  Serving the chicken, diced into the salsa, tonight.

*******
*******