Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 19:25:15 -0400

I asked the list for Baking Mixes that they liked.  I was looking for a mix that I could substitute for regular flour.  I decided to start with Steve's GF Flour Blend (Authentic Foods) since it is a new mix and I have been using their pancake mix for many years.  I have not tried the Flour Blend yet.

Summary of those that were recommended:

2 people recommended Cup4Cup from William Sonoma
XO Baking Co
Jules Flour Mix
Lynn's Kitchen Adventures
Bob Red Mill.  Both the Bean Flour and All Purpose Flour.
4 people recommended Pamela's Pancake and Baking Mix
Bette Hagman's Blend from her books
3 recommended Namaste All Purpose Flour
2 liked King Arthur

I also got replies for pie and cake mixes.

Whole Foods Pie Crust (4 people liked these)
William Sonoma GF Chocolate Cake mix
Pillsbury Pie mix
Measures of Joy in California.  The person that replied said she does not believe that they do mail order.
Kinnikinnick white cake mix
Bread by Anna - Pie crust mix
Really Great Food - Devils Food Cake

I was given some websites to try.
www.organicglutenfreemixes.com. Looks like they have some great Holiday mixes.
www.glutenfreeeasily.com

I also got some recipes from some generous people.  If you are interested I will share with you.  Just send me an email.  If I get too many I will share with the list.

Thank you to everyone who replied.

Ginny Mingolla