Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 1995 16:39:36 -0500

The vinegar is generally used as a preservative, about 1 tsp usually. I use
cider vinegar and cannot detect any vinegar flavor. Betty Hagamans recipes
are very could, try what every looks interesting to you. Also Red Star yeast
put out a brochure with some good simple recipes. don't overlook getting
some bread mixes from the Gluten Free Pantry. They are excellent and easy to
make. doesn't make much difference what vinegar you use for this purpose as
long as its GF.

>I have not eaten any bread since being diagnosed with CD.  I thought I
>would try baking some, but the recipe I have calls for vinegar.  I know not
>to use the distilled white vinegar, but with so many different kinds out
>there I don't know which is best suited for baking bread  or other things.
>Do some of the vinegars have a stronger taste than others.  Are some better
>suited for specific applications? (ie. salads, cooking, baking)

Bernie Mansbach                                 ~_0   _0
Scotia, NY                                     _ \<---\ < _
voice (518)393-3475
data/fax (518) 393-1307