From:
Nino & Anita <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 15:39:16 +0800

Dear Listmembers,
                          Thank you so much for the responses to my
question on how does the "ZONE" diet fit into gluten free eating?
The responses I got were quite positive and quite a few people have been
successfully feeling better with the "Zone"way of eating. Now that I
have all this information from fellow Celiacs I feel confident enough to
try the low carbohydrate/fat diet myself and hopefully feel better in
the process.

One concern I got from a few people that hadn't tried the diet is we, as
Celiacs already have a restricted diet so why add to it by following
another strict diet? Well my answer is when I was first diagnosed with
CD and went on the GF diet I felt a whole lot better, but now that I
also have Hypothyroidism and anaemia, I'm again not feeling well so I
hope with the "Zone" to have a lot more energy and eliminate more carbs
from my diet which has always I think included too much - they say "The
more you eat the more you want!" I'd like to reverse it to "The less
I'll eat the less I'll crave!!"

Again thank you again for your invaluable input,
                        Anita  (in Australia)