Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 13:36:42 +0200

Hi all.

Someone posted this ALL-PURPOSE GF FLOUR recipe to the list over a year
ago. I have found it fantastic. I wish I could give credit to the
person who created it. To all of you for whom Rosh HaShannah is
significant, have a sweet and healthy year! To those it doesn't, these
are good recipes to try any time. Enjoy!

GF Flour:

         1 C Brown rice                    2/3 C Tapioca Starch
         2 t xantham or guar gum
         1 C  White rice                  1/3 C Corn Starch
         3/4 C Sweet rice             1/4 C Rice polish or bran or
         potato starch

HONEY CAKE

 2 eggs
 3/4 c. honey
 1 c. sugar
 1/2 c. oil
 1 tsp. baking soda
 1 tsp. baking powder
 1 tsp. cinnamon
 1 c. strong coffee
 2 1/2 c. GF flour
 1/2 c. chopped nuts

 Mix all together in any order and beat 5 min. with electric mixer.
 Bake at 325 for about 1 hour or a little more, in a large loaf pan.

HONEY CHOCOLATE CAKE

2 C. GF flour
1 1/2 c. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. margarine
1 1/4 c. honey
2 eggs
2 sq. (100 gr) unsweetened chocolate, melted
2/3 c. water
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Sift flour, soda and salt together 3 times. Cream margarine and work in
honey gradually, beating well. Add a few TBSP. flour at a time, beating
after each addition. Add chocolate and blend well. Add remaining flour
in thirds, alternating with water, beating well after each addition.
Add vanilla. Bake in 350 oven in 2 layer pans for a little over 30 min.
Fill and frost as desired.