From:
Joanna Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joanna Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 19:29:58 -0700

Hi Listmembers.

I'm the pregnant girl who keeps reacting to the old things that used to not
make me react.  Anyway I don't think it's Tootsie Roll products which are
making me sick, at least not from the gluten.  Every response I got said
they're GF, including the one I'll attach below which summarizes.

Also, they do not manufacture gluten containing products in their factory,
and they do not dust or use gluten in manufacturing, but they do use corn
and soy in their manufacturing, for those of you with the leaky gut.

This response forwarded from Barb in MA

*****
Thank you for contacting us.  We are delighted to be able to inform you
that, at this time, to the very best of our knowledge, all of our
confections are gluten free.  We do not use wheat, barley, rye, oats,
triticale, spelt or any of their components and that includes our dusting
on our conveyor belts.  We do use corn and soy products in the
manufacturing of our products.  We are including a listing of the products
we make for your information.

Product List

TOOTSIE ROLL INDUSTRIES, INC.

Tootsie Rolls     Tootsie Pops
Flavor Roll Twisties     Tootsie Peppermint Pops
Frooties     Caramel Apple Pops
Dots      Fruit Smoothie Pops
Tropical Dots     Hot Chocolate Pops
Crows      Child=92s Play

CHARMS COMPANY

Blow Pops     Charms Squares
Super Blow Pops     Charms Sour Balls
Charms Pops     Family Fun
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Da Pops           Pops Galore
Fluffy Stuff  Cotton Candy   Andes Mints
Sugar Daddy Pops    Sugar Babies

CELLA'S CONFECTIONS

Cella's Milk Chocolate Covered Cherries
Cella's Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries