Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 18:08:27 -0800

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the many responses I received. You all have
given me many wonderful answers to my question
regarding a gluten-free lotion for my celiac daughter
who may have eczema.

The suggestions are as follows:

Over the counter lotions:

glaxallbase cream
Desitin
Eucerin
Lubriderm
Keri
Neutrogena Skin Cream (in the tube)
Almond Glow Skin Lotion by Home Health
Desert Essence Facial Cream
Steroid-Free Sarna Anti-Itch Lotion
Vanicream Lotion
Cetaphil

A prescription suggestion: Cutivate by GlaxoWellcome

Other suggestions are:

tea tree oil (10 drops in one ounce of olive oil,
              applied twice daily)

keep hands really moisturized during the day

Aveeno (contains oats) but doesn't have mineral oil

Apply lotions before drying off completely after
bathing

Dove unscented soap, Neutrogena T-Gel Shampoo

Use non-perfumed moisturizers (Cetaphil is one).

Soaps, detergents and fabric softeners can trigger
eczema.

Website for pictures of DH:
http://www.aafp.org/afp/980301ap/pruessn.html

Website that may be helpful:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages/

Please use your own discretion as far as the above
products being definately gluten free. Thanks again to
all of you, I'm looking forward to an itch-free
daughter.

Laurie