Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 15:46:55 -0800

 Ok, I'm wondering if anyone else is like me...  Just over a year and half my
doctors told me I have celiac disease.  What's strange is I never had (I
think) any of the symptoms with celiac.  Heres my story.  I went on a trip
with my girlfriend to Califorina and after we got I started having really bad
diarrhea and just feeling sick all of the time..  So, I went to some doctors
they took some stool samples thought I might have some kind of virus but
nothing every came up..  So after going to this doctor for awhile and having
him tell me I have IBS I got fed up and just picked a internist, went to him
we talked and he told me about celaic disease and he wanted me to have a
blood test to check how something are (i don't know what test it was)..  But
when the results of the test came back i guess they were really high and that
pretty much proved that I had celiac..  He wanted me to go to a gastro
doctor, so I went to him they knocked me out put the camera down in me looked
around took samples all that fun stuff..After all that fun stuff was done
when I went back to see the gasto doctor they told me the villi were damaged
and asked me to stay off gluten and see how I was doing.  Ok, so I've been
doing all of that and it seems to be getting a little better, so I went back
to the doctors every month to talk about how I'm doing..  i told them I'm
still having diarrhea and cramp around the belly button area.  So we took
another blood test and i guess it was back to normal, went back to the
gastro, they looked in through the mouth took samples, went in rectal (glad I
was knocked out!)  and look at the colon and all that fun stuff and took a
bunch of samples all over and they tell me everything looks fine!!!

   So, this really sucks.. I wake up each morning, I've always pains
in the area 2-4 Inches below the belly button, and the stool usually comes out
really pale brown and REALLY goopy and feels really acidity, you woudn't
belive how much TP I go through.  I've been %100 on the gluten-free diet.
So last time i went to my doctor he gave me Lomotil and told me to try
taking that 2 times a day for a month.. I did that and it seemed to help
but I still am always gassy and pains down there....  I don't know what to
do, i went back to the doctor he told me to try taking it 3 times a day,
and no more than that...  I don't want to take these pills 3 times a day..
What I've read you really not supposed to take more that 2 a day!!  And he
told me that he didn't know what it could be, and I asked him if there
were anymore test we could run through, he said no..  He told me he
doesn't think it IBS, Chrons, anything like that.. But he didn't know!!!?!

   Anyone else like this???  I don't want to live my life like this, this
really suck..  I hate going places and all of a sudden I just get like a
churing in my belly button area and it feels like my guts are going to
come out..

   I'm lost...
Dan