From:
Diane Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:49:48 -0500

    During our visit to Louisiana this weekend, we stumbled across something
that may help celiacs:

    "Cane vinegar"  There is nothing on the label that would indicate any
gluten ingredients.  Totally natural product with no artificial colors or
flavors.  They also make cane syrup and molasses with similar labeling.   It
is produced by The C.S. Steen Syrup Mill, Inc.  P.O. Box 339  (119 N Main
St.)  Abbeville, LA 70510   Phone# 318-893-1654.   They also have a web page
address:  http://www.steensyrup.com  They have mail order and gift packages.
    I have not contacted the company yet to confirm gluten free status but
it seems like this could be a good alternative to regular vinegars as long
as they don't use a starter mash that contains gluten.

Reach me by ICQ. My ICQ# is 12248683 or,
* Page me online through my Personal Communication Center:
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/12248683 (go there and try it!) or,
* Send me E-mail Express directly to my computer screen
For downloading ICQ at http://www.icq.com/
For adding similar signatures to your e-mail go to:
http://www.icq.com/emailsig.html
Diane Humphrey