From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 18:28:29 -0800

MIXING BOWLS & SUCH:
-"I bought some deep stainless mixing bowls that I really like from a
kitchen store   I have a great
new whisk that has the wires sealed in really tightly "

UTENSILS/CUTLERY:
-"My best investment, though, was the set of good knives I bought when I
first moved away from my parents... The brand is "Cordon Bleu" but I
think it was also some house brand of Dillard's that isn't a real brand."

-"Between my Cuisinart food processor and my Cutco knives, I can do just
about anything! ... I just bought the expensive Cutco knives because my
son was selling them, but after using them side by side with my other
top-of -the-line knives, they really DO do the best job."

-"My aunt gave me an interesting utensil ... I use it almost every day.
It's a shallow spoon/spatula thingy, about 5 inches across with holes in
it.  It's really handy for straining stuff as you remove it from a
boiling pot in a hurry w/o having to use a collender."

-" Lately -- a chestnut knife. I LOVE chestnuts, but I never knew how to
open them before. The secret is to get a chestnut knife.
Bridgekitchenutensils.com has them."

-" My Chinese cleaver (any brand is good, if it has rivets in the
handle)."

-"Good knives are a must.  I have mostly Cutco, but there are other good
kinds out there."

-"My apple/potato peeler is also from Cutco.  I have had it for a while
and it is great."

-"Rubber Scrapers:  I have about 8 or so of these, in regular and small
sizes.  Eight sounds like a lot, but there are times that I really use
that many.  I keep them in a glass on the counter, so that they are
always easy to reach."

 -"Spaghetti fork: This works better than anything else when cooking
spaghetti or rice noodles for Asian dishes."

-"My favorite kitchen gadget is a spatula that can withstand temps up to
600 degrees!  These are the spoon kind and are great for scrambled eggs
without the crusty edges since you can scrape the pan so well."

-"Favorites are a wire whisk for mixing g.f. flours, a tiny ice cream
scoop for neatly dropping cookies of uniform size"

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com