From:
Cindy Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 13:06:45 -0600

I went to my favorite mexican food restaurant in College Station and was
chowing down on tortillas and hot sauce when I noticed the tortillas tasted
"different" and kind of floury.  I stopped eating them and asked the waiter
who informed me they'd changed suppliers and he was sure the tortillas
chips had wheat in them.  Bummer!  I never thought I'd have to bring my own
chips in to a mexican food restaurant!  He then told me the dinner corn
tortillas might be questionable too so I sat and waited while my husband
gobbled up fajitas on flour tortillas (we were really hungry) and finally I
decided to trust my own palate and try the tortilla.  It was corn for sure,
 no mistaking it and the waiter never came back with an answer.  I really
depend on corn tortillas as a staple starch food and please pray along with
me that nobody comes up with a "new improved" corn tortilla with wheat
added in!

thanks,
Cindy in Texas (Happy Valentine's Day!)

P.S.  Any French speaking celiacs out there?  Je parle aussi en Francais et
j'amarais bien une nouvelle amie francaise! A bientot!