From:
"Christine H. Duncan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 14:25:42 EST

Hi!
   I've downloaded what I could from the list about disorders related to
celiac but they don't mention anything neurological or behavioral.  I
see from Dr. Reicheltd's writings that there is a suspected connection
between untreated celiac disease and certain behaviors.. But most of his
work appears to be in the area of schizophrenia as far as I can see--with
just a few sections on ADHD.
     Is  there someplace to go to find out any more about the
relationship between ADHD, oppositional defiant disorder and the like and
Celiac disease?  How about just irrational thinking and cd?  Constant
anger and untreated cd?  My son's psychiatrist seems unaware of any
behavioral consequences of the disease-- and he's also a pediatrician.
But we see behavioral changes although my son has been on the diet less
than six weeks.
                                             Christine in Colorado